Rajiv Hari Om Bhatia, better known as Akshay Kumar, is one of the most brilliant and versatile actors in Bollywood. Apart from being an actor, he is also a producer, martial artist, television personality, businessman, and philanthropist. He is popularly known for his stunts. Akshay receives several awards, including two “National Film Awards” and two “Filmfare Awards.” Akshay Kumar also received the “Padma Shri,” the fourth-highest civilian honor of the country, in 2009.
Akshay Kumar Biography & Wiki
Some nicknames of Akshay Kumar are Akshay, Akki, Khiladi Kumar, Mac, and Raju. He was born on 9 September 1967 in Amritsar, Punjab. Hence, his current age is 54 years. Akshay Kumar’s Zodiac is Virgo.
Height, Weight & Body Measurements
|Height in centimeters||180 cm|
|Height in meters||1.80 m|
|Height in feet inches||5’ 11”|
|Weight in Kilograms||80 kg|
|Weight in Pounds||176 lbs|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
Akshay Kumar Tattoo
- On His Left Shoulder: His wife’s nickname “Tina”
- On His Back: His son’s name “Aarav”
Akshay Kumar Family Members
Akshay’s father’s name is Late Hari Om Bhatia, who was an army officer. His mother’s name is Aruna Bhatia. Akshay has a sister, Alka Bhatia. Superstar Late Rajesh Khanna is his father-in-law, and Famous Actress Dimple Kapadia is Akshay’s mother-in-law. Rinke Khanna is his sister-in-law.
Girls, affairs, spouse name
Akshay was well-known for his playboy nature during his early days and before his marriage. There were rumors that Akshay was in a relationship with Pooja Batra(Actress), Ayesha Jhulka(Actress), and Rekha(Famous Actress). After that, it was a buzz that he engaged to Raveena Tandon after being in a relationship with her for three years.
Later, the couple broke up. After that, Akshay and Shilpa were also alleged to be in a relationship for a year, but she broke up with him because he was cheating on her with her best friend Twinkle Khanna. After dating each other sometimes, Akshay and Twinkle got married on 17 January 2001. The couple was blessed with a son, Aarav, and a daughter, Nitara.
After his marriage, Akshay was rumored to be in a relationship with Priyanka Chopra.
Education and School, College
Akshay Kumar has completed his School education at Don Bosco High School, Darjeeling. After that, he graduated from Guru Nanak Khalsa College, Mumbai (King’s Circle).
Favorites Things and Like & Dislike
|Favourite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan, and Jackie Chan|
|Favourite Actress||Sridevi, and Kareena Kapoor|
|Favourite Food||Thai Green Chicken Curry, Home Made Punjabi Food, Chinese|
|Favourite Dessert||Indian Sweets|
|Hobbies||Collecting Posters of Old Bollywood Movies, Cooking, Martial Arts, Playing Volleyball and Cricket|
|Favorite Perfume Brand||Cool Waters|
|Favorite Cars||Porsche Cayenne, Honda CRV, Yamaha VMax and Harley Davidson|
|Favorite Bikes||Yamaha VMax and Harley Davidson|
Akshay Kumar’s filmography
Akshay started her career as a model. In 1991, he made his first on-screen appearance through the film “Saugandh.” But Akshay grabbed the limelight with the movie “Khiladi” (1992). This was the first film of the superhit Khiladi franchise, after that he was the integral part of Khiladi franchise (Main Khiladi Tu Anari, Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi, Mr. and Mrs. Khiladi, International Khiladi, Khiladi 420 and Khiladi 786).
Besides that, some hits movies of Akshay’s career were, “Mohra”,(1994), “Dil To Pagal Hai” (1997), “Sangharsh” (1999), “Hera Pheri” (2000), “Dhadkan” (2000), “Andaaz” (2003), “Khakee” (2004), “Mujhse Shaadi Karogi” (2004), “Aitraaz” (2004), “Waqt: The Race Against Time” (2005), “Humko Deewana Kar Gaye” (2006), “Phir Hera Pheri” (2006), “Bhagam Bhag” (2006), “Namastey London” (2007), “Heyy Babyy” (2007), “Bhool Bhulaiyaa” (2007), “Welcome” (2007), “De Dana Dan” (2009), “Housefull” (2010), “Patiala House” (2011), “Housefull 2” (2012), “Rowdy Rathore” (2012), “OMG – Oh My God!” (2012), “Special 26”, “Holiday: A Soldier Is Never Off Duty” (2014), “Entertainment” (2014), “Baby” (2015), “Gabbar Is Back” (2015), “Singh is Bling” (2015), “Airlift”, “Rustom”, “Jolly LLB 2”, “Toilet: Ek Prem Katha”, “Pad Man”, “Gold”, “2.0”, “Kesari”, “Mission Mangal”, “Housefull 4”, and “Good Newwz”.
Akshay also produces “Marathi language film, named “72 Miles – Ek Pravas” (2013), “Antar” (2014). In 2020, “Laxmii” became his debuted digital release (Hotstar). Akshay’s upcoming movie “BellBottom” will theatrically release on 19 August 2021. “Sooryavanshi,” “Atrangi Re, “Prithiviraj,” “Bachchan Pandey,” and “Raksha Bandhan” are some upcoming projects of Akshay. In 2004, he debuted on TV through the National Geographic Channel show “Seven Deadly Arts with Akshay Kumar.” After that, Akshay also hosts some TV shows, such as “Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi,” “MasterChef India,” and “Dare 2 Dance”. He also produced Zee TV super hit show “Jamai Raja.” He also judged “The Great Indian Laughter Challenge.” He also featured music videos like “Filhall” and “Filhaal2 Mohabbat”. Apart from acting, Akshay has also sung the Punjabi devotional song “Nirgun Raakh Liya.”
Award And Recognitions
Because of Akshay’s brilliant performance in the Indian film industry, he received several awards, including two “National Film Awards” and two “Filmfare Awards.”
- Akshay Kumar received the “National Film Award” in the category of “Best Actor” for the film “Rustom” (2017).
- In 2019, his film “Pad Man” was honored with, “Best Film on Other Social Issues” category.
- He also received two “Filmfare Awards,” which were, in the category of “Best Villain” (2002) for the film “Ajnabee,” in the category of “Best Comedian” (2006) for the film “Garam Masala.”
- In 2009, Akshay Kumar was honored by the Government of India with the “Padma Shri,” the fourth-highest civilian honor of the country.
Salary and Net Worth
Akshay takes ₹30 Crore per film. The estimated net worth of Akshay is $273 Million.
|House address||A Wing, Lokhandwala Complex, Andheri(West), Mumbai 400053, and, Ground Floor, Juhu Prime Beach Apartment, Gandhigram Road, Juhu, Mumbai – 400049|
|Phone Number||He didn’t like to share his Phone number publicly.|
|Email Id||Not Available|
Akshay Kumar Controversy
- In a detergent commercial, Akshay was essaying the role of a Marathi warrior. He was seen returning to his Kingdom after defeating his enemies post which his on-screen wife insults him because of his dirty clothes. Post that, Akshay was seen dancing weirdly while washing his clothes. The same didn’t g down well with many, and a complaint has been filed against him. People are slamming him for mocking the Maharashtrian culture.
- He was invariably seen in the news getting blamed for cutting short the roles of his co-stars. He was also responsible for removing John Abraham’s and Govinda’s roles in “Garam Masala” and “Bhagam Bhag,” respectively.
- Akshay Kumar was caught in a controversy when his wife, Twinkle Khanna, unbuttoned his Jeans for promotion in Lakme Fashion Week in Mumbai.
- He further attracted controversy in 2017 when he made an inappropriate comment on Mallika Dua on “The Great Indian Laughter Challenge.” His statement didn’t go well with many, including Mallika Dua’s father Vinod, who called out the actor and demanded an apology.
- The controversy revolving around Akshay’s citizenship has been making headlines for a long time. He made headlines after not casting his vote in the “Lok Sabha 2019 Elections”. Addressing the same, Akshay took to his Twitter and wrote, “I don’t understand the unwarranted interest and negativity about my citizenship. I have never hidden or denied I hold a Canadian passport.” The actor added he works in India and pays all his taxes in India. He further mentioned that the controversy surrounding his citizenship is disappointing and will continue to make Indians stronger and stronger.
- Also, Akshay Kumar, along with his wife Twinkle Khanna, got involved in a controversy after they announced their decision to auction a piece of costume from his film Rustom and it didn’t go down well with many. The actor later defended himself and Twinkle by saying that they are doing so for a good cause.
- In 2019, Akshay’s “Good Newwz” film’s second trailer, Twitterati slammed Akshay Kumar for disrespecting “Lord Rama.” In the trailer, a man says, “Mere Bache Ka Naam Hola Ram Hai Kyunki Wo Holi Pe Paida Hua Tha,” to which Kumar replied as, “Acha Hua Aapka Bacha Lohri Pe Paida Nahi Hua.” The same didn’t go down well many, and Akshay was trolled left, right and center.
Facts about Akshay Kumar
- Since his childhood, Akshay was interested in acting and martial arts and began training in class 8.
- Before joining the film industry, he learned Muay Thai in Bangkok and a Black Belt in Taekwondo.
- Akshay also worked as a waiter in a Metro Guest House restaurant in Bangkok to earn his living, where his initial salary was ₹1,500.
- After returning to Mumbai, even Akshay worked as a peon for a travel organization in Kolkata. He then taught martial arts to people.
- Akshay also tried his luck in modeling when one of his students, who was a photographer, recommended him to a modeling agency. After achieving success in this, he changed his name from Rajeev Om Bhatia to Akshay Kumar, as he saw a movie in which the actor opposite to his favorite actress was named Akshay.
- When he came to Mumbai, Akshay had his portfolio shoot at the same place where he owns his Juhu Bangalow.
- In the early 90s, Akshay went for the audition in Rajesh Khanna’s film “Jai Shiv Shankar” and waited for around 4 hours, but getting auditioned was another thing Akshay was not even able to meet him.
- He was about to start his modeling projects in Bangalore, but he missed out on his flight and started wandering in Natraj Studio, where he met Pramod Chakravorty and signed the film “Deedar.”
- Akshay Kumar is also addressed as “New-Age Manoj Kumar aka Bharat Kumar” due to his phenomenal performances in “Patriotic” films.
- In 2008, Akshay started a production company named “Hari Om Entertainment.”
- Also, he is a fitness freak and does activities like basketball, swimming, kickboxing, and working out to stay in shape.
- Akshay sang the Punjabi devotional song “Nirgun Raakh Liya,” and whatever the profit was made from the album was donated to the victims of the train bombings of Mumbai.
- In 2019, he took 4th spot in Forbes’s highest-paid actor’s list. Akshay collected $65 million between 1 June 2018 and 1 June 2019.
- Akshay Donated ₹1 crore to construct a school building in Neeru Village of Bandipora district in Jammu & Kashmir.
- He is brand Ambassadors of some famous brands like “CavinKare’s Indica,” “GOQii,” “TAFE(Tractors and Farm Equipments)Ltd,” “Road Safety Awareness Campaign,” “PagarBook,” “Harpic,” “Dollar Industries,” “Kajaria,” “Policy Bazaar,” “Dabur Chyawanprash” and “Suthol,” and “Horlicks Protein Plus” etc.
Akshay Kumar Photos