Mother: Saba Hameed
Marital Status: Unmarried
Age: 34 Years
Some Lesser Known Facts About Faris Shafi
- Faris Shafi is a Pakistani rapper and musician. Apart from singing, Faris Shafi is also a Pakistani actor. In 2022, he was one of the participants of the local musical show Coke Studio.
- Faris Shafi is the grandson of the revolutionary Pakistani writer Hameed Akhtar who is best known for forming the Progressive writer’s movement in Pakistan. Hameed Akhtar was born in Ludhiana, British India. Hameed Akhtar was a well-known social activist, columnist, and poet.
- In 2012, Faris Shafi made his acting debut with the Pakistani television serial Manjali. His mother was also cast in the serial. Later, he appeared in the serials Kabhi Kabhi, Sun Yaara, Zid, and Meri Guriya. Faris has worked with several renowned Pakistani television actors including Kubra Khan and Zarnish Khan.
- In 2012, Faris Shafi marked his debut with the song “Awaam,” which also featured the singer Taimoor Salahuddin. The video of the song also featured the journalist and documentary filmmaker Fazeelat Aslam. The song was a huge hit and went viral on YouTube and various social media platforms soon after its release. Some other popular songs of Faris Shafi include Muskura, Jawab De, Nazar, Introduction, and Molotov.
- In a conversation with a media house, Faris Shafi stated that the lyrics of his songs generally explains the everyday situations that were being faced by Pakistan and its residents. Reportedly, his songs relate to the socio-cultural problems of Pakistan. In one of his interviews, Faris Shafi was spotted criticising the political setup of Pakistan, Mujras, gender discrimination, and jihad.
- In 2018, Faris Shafi released his song ‘Waasta’ in which he rapped in English and Urdu languages.
- Later, Faris Shafi collaborated with Talal Qureshi for the production of two songs for BBC Asian Network.
- In May 2019, Faris Shafi took to his Twitter account and requested to remove his song from the Lux Style Awards 2019 nominations. He requested the same due to the ongoing LSA 2019 controversy that involved the Meesha-Ali Zafar harassment case. Meesha Shafi is the sister of Faris Shafi, and she is a renowned Pakistani singer, actor, poet, and writer. In 2019, Faris Shafi’s song ‘Clap’ was nominated as the Best Song by the Lux Style Awards.
- In 2019, Faris Shafi released the album titled “Metannoya” and collaborated on ‘Prosaic’ with Abdullah Siddiqui. The lyrics of the songs focus on the issues like greed, hunger, poverty, and drug abuse.
- In 2020, at Lahore Music Meet, Faris Shafi was invited to perform at the music concert.
- Faris Shafi is a compassionate animal lover. He often posts pictures of his pet dog on his social media account.
- Faris Shafi’s mother, Saba Hameed, is a renowned Pakistani television actress. She is known for her performances in the Urdu entertainment industry. She was nominated for the Lux Style Awards, Nigar Awards, Hum Awards, and PTV Awards during her career. Qaid-e-Tanhai, Dolly Ki Ayegi Gi Baraat, and Dil-e-Muztar are her popular television drama serials. Saba Hameed and Syed Pervaiz Shafo mutually divorced after a long time of their marriage.
- Faris Shafi adores Tupac and Snoop Dogg who are famous singers and rappers. Faris was inspired to rap in Hindi and Urdu from Bohemia. On the rap of Indian singer Honey Singh, Faris Shafi commented that Honey Singh produced club music and not rap. He said,
Anyone who knows rap music knows that Honey Singh doesn’t rap. He makes club music, which is selling well for him. Rap, however, is poetry in rhythm. Honey Singh is popular, but anyone who knows rap will tell you his music has nothing to do with rap. I cringe when I hear people refer to him as a rapper. Bohemia, on the other hand, is an inspiration.”