Hometown: Uzhhorod, Ukrainian SSR, Soviet Union
Age: 36 Years
Husband: Taras Rudik
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kira Rudik
- Kira Rudik is a Ukrainian politician. On 29 August 2019, she was appointed as a leader of the Ukrainian political party Voice and is a member of the Ukrainian parliament. Before venturing into politics in 2019, she has worked with several renowned IT companies in Ukraine and the United States as a top manager.
- In June 2006, Kira Rudik started working as a QA manager at
- During her work as a Software Engineer in several renowned IT companies of the United States, Kira Rudik was a part of numerous civic and business organizations. In 2018, Kira Rudik earned a Stanford Executive Program for Women Leaders, and she frequently speaks at large conferences and delegations all across her county. Kira Rudik is a part of the Ukraine House of Davos panel along with many other world leaders.
- In 2015, Kira Rudik did specializations in Budgeting and Scheduling Projects, Managing Project Risks and Changes, and Initiating and Planning Projects. In 2016, she did a specialization in Introduction to Project Management Principles and Practices.
- From January 2008 to September 2010, Kira Rudik was a volunteer at HappyPaw, an animal welfare organisation.
- In 2019, Kira Rudik contested the Ukrainian parliamentary elections, and she was third on the selected candidates’ list of Voice Party of Ukraine. Kira Rudik
- The Golos Party Congress elected Kira Rudik as the new party leader on 11 March 2020.
- On 29 July 2021, the seven members of the Voice Party were expelled from the party. The five members out of these seven stated that they were dissatisfied with the working of Kira Rudik in the party. According to them,
The “Voice” congress is “another profanation of the leadership and cementing of Kira Rudyk’s control over the party.”
- In Ukraine, Kira Rudik is listed among the top 100 successful women.
- In March 2022, amid the Ukraine and Russia war, Kira Rudik took to her Twitter account to post a picture in which she was holding a Kalashnikov, an assault rifle, and captioned the picture that Ukrainian women were ready to fight against the enemies. She wrote,
I learn to use #Kalashnikov and prepare to bear arms. It sounds surreal, as just a few days ago it would never come to my mind. Our #women will protect our soil the same way as our #men.”
- While talking to a media house, she stated that holding such arms gave her courage in such tough times. Kira Rudik mentioned in a conversation with a media house that Ukraine was an independent country and would protect her country from Vladimir Putin. She said,
I am protecting my family and I am organising the resistance group that is fighting Russians on our streets because they need to go back to where they came from our soil because we are an independent country and will protect our sovereignty no matter what, because I want my children to live in Ukraine that I’m building for them not some Vladimir Putin.”
- During the Russia and Ukraine war in 2022, Kira Rudik was on duty at Kyiv, the Ukrainian capital, to protect her country from Russian invasion.
- Kira Rudik is a compassionate animal lover. She has a pet cat and often shares pictures of her pet cat on various social media platforms.
- Kira Rudik is a fitness enthusiast. She often posts pictures and videos of her workout sessions on various social media platforms.
- Various renowned magazines and tabloids often feature Kira Rudik on their front cover.
- Kira Rudik occasionally enjoys drinking alcohol at parties and family get together.
- Kira Rudik often appears on various global news channels on their debate talk shows.
- During the Ukraine – Russia war in 2022, in a conversation with a media house, Kira stated that she had converted her shoe cupboard into a bunker, and whenever the sirens of bombs go on air, she and her children go underground on their bellies and play ‘turtle game’ in which they open up their mouths, close their eyes, and pretended to be a turtle.
- In another interview, Kira Rudik stated that she and her family members hid underground at least 3 – 4 times a day when bombs were struck by the Russian army amid the Russia – Ukraine war in 2022. She added,
While we wait for the airstrikes to pass, we pray, sing the songs, or imagine, what the life would look like when the war is over.”
- Kira Rudik remains very active on various social media platforms. She is followed by more than 37k people on Instagram. On Twitter, Kira Rudik has over 136k followers.
- Various renowned newspapers often cover news related to Kira Rudik in their editions.