Some Lesser Known Facts About Mohan Juneja
- Mohan Juneja was an Indian actor, who worked predominantly in Kannada and Telugu movies.
- He hailed from Karnataka and did his higher studies in Bengaluru.
- He was inclined toward acting since his childhood. He started doing theatre during his school-college days.
- Since Mohan’s father was a civil engineer at BWSSB, he wanted Mohan to become an engineer as well. In an interview, Mohan disclosed,
My father wanted me to become an engineer like him, but I was poor at studies.”
- Reportedly, he used to watch at least 3 movies in a day.
- Later, he joined a drama school to take a closer glance at theatre and acting, where he also learned the know-how of makeup.
- He was a versatile actor who portrayed comic roles and antagonist roles with equal ease.
- Apart from Kannada and Telugu, Juneja had appeared in various Hindi, Tamil, and Malayalam as well.
- He starred in over a hundred films in his career. One of his most appreciated works includes Chellata (2006).
- He had shared the screen with various superstars including Puneeth, Darshan, Ambareesh, Upendra, and Shivarajkumar.
- He did a cameo in Prashanth Neel‘s KGF: Chapter 1, which was highly appreciated by the audience for his excellent dialogue delivery.
- He also featured in Hombale Films’ KGF: Chapter 2.
- Some of his notable works include Chellata, Lakshmi (2018), Snehitharu (2012), and Koko (2012).
- In 2013, he did 5 films consecutively including Pade Pade, Brindavanam, Kumbha Rashi, and Sweety.
- Mohan worked in several TV serials, including Nagathihalli Chandrashekar’s Vitara, which aired over 1000 episodes. This serial made Mohan a household name. In an interview, Juneja expressed,
It ran for over 1000 episodes and my role of Parandhama finally gave me an identity.”
- He was also known for writing dialogues for films. In an interview, he said,
I used to write dialogues at the night and act in the day. However, I continued to struggle to get an identity.”
- Juneja was also interested in directing films. He often used to assist GV Iyer in direction.
- Reportedly, Mohan was suffering from a prolonged illness related to his liver, which proved fatal for him.
- Confirming the sorrowful news of Mohan Juneja’s demise, Hombale Films tweeted to express their grief.
ಕನ್ನಡದ ಖ್ಯಾತ ಹಾಸ್ಯ ನಟರಾದ ಮೋಹನ್ ಜುನೇಜಾ ಅವರ ಆತ್ಮಕ್ಕೆ ಶಾಂತಿ ಸಿಗಲಿ.
ನಮ್ಮ ಕೆಜಿಎಫ್ ಚಿತ್ರ ತಂಡದ ಜತೆಗಿನ ಅವರ ಅವಿನಾಭಾವ ಸಂಬಂಧ ಮರೆಯಲಾರೆವು.
Our heartfelt Condolences to actor Mohan Juneja’s family, friends & well-wishers. He was one of the best-known faces in Kannada films & our KGF family. pic.twitter.com/xDDHanWuY0
— Hombale Films (@hombalefilms) May 7, 2022