Age: 66 Years
Hometown: Haripur, Uttar Pradesh
Wife: Richa Sudhanshu
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sudhanshu Ji Maharaj
- Sudhanshu Ji Maharaj is an Indian saint and spiritual preacher.
- After completing his schooling, he took admission in a university. He then attended the classes under the professor of philosophy Shri Nandkishore in Haridwar, Uttarakhand. Later, he gained spiritual knowledge from the Indian saint Shri Prakashanand Ji.
- As per his official website, he incarnated the sanskaras from his previous birth. He gained knowledge of various Hindu mantras and shlokas by the age of 7.
- He then took spiritual knowledge from various Indian gurus such as Yogiraj Pujyapad Swami and Sadanand Ji Maharaj. Later, Sudhanshu Ji Maharaj started practising and preaching meditation in various parts of Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand. Gradually, he developed different forms of meditation like:
- Udgeetha meditation
- Amrit meditation
- Brahmayoga meditation
- Mahayoga meditation
- Atmayoga meditation
- Divine bliss meditation
- Adinad meditation
- Mantrashakti awakening meditation
- Vardan Siddhi meditation
- Chandrayan tapa and meditation
- Prarthana yoga meditation
- After a few years of his practice, he started a non-profit organisation on 24 March 1991 with the name Vishwa Jagriti Mission (under the guidance of the spiritual guru Yogi Shri Sadanandji Maharaj).
- The organisation has been working to preach human values. Various temples have also been constructed by organisation across the nation.
- The organisation is working for the welfare of the underprivileged section of society. Sudhanshu Ji Maharaj has started more than 85 mandals and sewa samitis in India (under the Vishwa Jagriti Mission). Under the mission, various health care centres have been started which provides free medical services to needy people. Some of such hospitals are Karuna Sindhu Charitable Hospital in Anand Dham Ashram, Delhi and Arogya Dham Hospital at Faridabad (Haryana).
- The main focus of the mission is to educate poor children by providing them free education. Under the mission, two ashrams or orphanages Vishwa Jagriti Mission and Devdoot Bal Ashrams were started in India. Apart from this, two public schools have been set up in Ranchi, Jharkhand in which more than 700 tribal children are studying.
- In 2021, more than 700 girls and 300 boys were provided free education at a school named Gyandeep Vidyalaya in Faridabad, Haryana. Earlier, the children studying in the school used to work as beggars and labours.
- The organisation has also started gurukuls named Siddhidham Ashram in Kanpur (in July 2018) and Maharishi Ved Vyas Updeshak Mahavidyalaya (in May 2019).
- With 22 old age homes and three charitable hospitals, Vishwa Jagriti Mission has more than 65 branches across India as of 2022. Apart from this, he has also been working for the welfare of animals.
- Sudhanshu Maharaj is an avid reader and loves to read books on mythology, autobiography, history, and geography.
- His preaching shows are telecasted on various TV channels.
- He loves to sing bhajans and can play a few musical instruments.
- He has received various awards for his contribution to society.
- In one of his spiritual events, he said,
Devotion, meditation, love, affection, donation and knowledge are the paths which lead to the door of God. Choose anyone of them and remain under the shadow of the Guru. He is the one who can show the correct path. Do not look for the support of others. Look for the support of your inner thought. You have been given that energy which makes you stronger.”