Hometown: Coventry, United Kingdom
Age: 54 Years
Death Cause: Prolonged Illness
Some Lesser Known Facts About Taz
- Taz was a British singer of Indian descent, who came into the limelight with his pop songs in the 90s. On 29 April 2022, he passed away of prolonged illness.
- In 1996, he started his career as a lead singer in the pop band Stereo Nation. He was one of the singers who introduced cross-cultural Asian fusion music.
- Some of his popular music albums are ‘The Remix Album’ (1990), ‘Spirits of Rhythm’ (1994), ‘Nasha’ (1999), ‘Rewind Selekta’ (2009), and ‘Desi & U know It’ (2012).
- His song “Pyar Ho Gaya” from the music album ‘OH! Laila’ (2000) was among the chartbusters songs.
- In 2007, he acted in the English language film ‘Sambar Salsa’ (2007).
- He gained immense popularity with his songs in Hindi films like “It’s Magic” from ‘Koi… Mil Gaya’ (2003), “Mujhpe To Jadoo” from ‘Race’ (2008), “Daru Vich Pyaar” from ‘Guest Iin London’ (2017), and “Gallan Goriyan” from ‘Batla House’ (2019).
- In an interview, he talked about his training in music. He said,
I am a bathroom singer and have not had any kind of training as such. I play keyboards enough to be able to compose and I am purely soul-driven when it comes to performing on stage.”
- He used to perform live at various stage shows and events.
- He was a dog lover and had a pet dog named Kovu.
- He was often spotted drinking alcohol at parties and events.
- He recorded one of his songs in English, Spanish, and Swahili.
- Once, Jaz performed at the Royal Albert Hall to raise the funds for the Charity of Afghanistan.
- He also played live at the annual gala for the Richest British Asian Awards at the Natural History Museum London in the presence of Prince Charles.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, his hernia surgery was postponed for two years. Due to the worsened condition, he went into a coma in 2021. Later, he recovered from it, but in March 2022, his health started deteriorating again, and on 29 April 2022, he died of his prolonged illness.